Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Easter Picnic

Sunday afternoon was our church's easter picnic and Liv's first easter egg hunt. It is at a park near our church and it is mostly open fields. In one little area of trees they drop a bunch of eggs and let the kids pick them up and then the kids exchange them for a bag of candy. Ella and Liv loved the open space to run around.  
She paused for a quick picture - Hurry mom I gotta go! 


At first Ella's feelings got hurt by another little girl so she didn't want to hunt but then I went with her and she had fun. See all the kids dashing off to get their eggs. 

Did I mention Liv loves the wide open spaces? 
The next picture is of Kevin chasing her down for the 100th time :)
And the picture after that is Kevin saying, "okay mommy, its your turn"

She loved her easter basket. She thought it was a new purse! 
She took her own time picking out what color egg to put in her basket. The more I coached her the more time she took! Once she found one she liked she put it in her basket and walked a few steps and took it out and set it back on the ground and kept walking. Didn't really get it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how cute and funny. I love the stories with the pictures. They make my day.

Sarah Lynn said...

This is the first Northwoods easter picnic I've missed! So Sad! But it looks like the girls had a great time! And I dont think people understand the openness of the field.. i remember chasing ella across the fields!! Glad you guys had a great easter picnic!

michalkate said...

so adorable!