Friday, January 30, 2009

Movie or Book?

While my dad was here he watched a movie called Kingdom of Heaven. We happened to own it but neither of us had seen it. Dad said it might of been the best movie he had ever seen. So of course we have to watch it now. Kevin turned it on last night and was so tired he fell asleep after like 2 minutes of it. I couldn't believe how good it was once I got past a few of the bloody fight scenes. Anyway, I am not finished with it yet but so far it has really got me thinking. 

The knights take a pledge to be honest at all times, to do what's right even if it doesn't benefit them and to protect the helpless. It is so inspiring. Here is my favorite line so far: Your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say but I was told by others to do this or to do that or that virtue just wasn't convenient at the time. That just won't suffice. 

So if you are looking for a good movie and want to be inspired check it out. 

Oh yeah here is the crazy thing - It is a lot like the book Kevin just finished reading called Tale of Three Kings. It was an awesome book! So there you go  - A good book or a good movie - your pick! 






1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks, now I want to watch the movie and read the book. Its good to have reliable recommendations.